I’m going to interrupt the regularly scheduled programming of five friday faves for FIVE FRIDAY GOALS! Since it’s a new month, I’m doing what a lot of bloggers did yesterday, setting goals for myself for the month. I’ve been lamely attempting to address some of my faults, but this month I want to pick 5 and stick to changing them.
SO, here we go!
1. Stop eating out of containers. THIS IS MY WORST HABIT. Whether it’s nut butter, yogurt, cottage cheese.. I always just end up taking little spoonfuls of it throughout the day. I’m also really bad with nuts and chips. It srsly needs to stop. Instead of realizing, “I’m hungry” and grabbing the closest thing to me (usually my beloved PB jar) and GOING AT IT, I want to smartly decide what I want and not eat it out of the container. It’ll be tough. But I can do it.
2. Read two books for fun. I have been wanting to read Room and The Help since the summer. Seriously. At college, it’s so hard to find time to read, but I’ll be going home soon and I can defs get through them, I believe.
3. Be on time a little bit more. I have a horrible habit of being late to everything (except my 9am class, in which case I’m an hour early). My mom’s the same way, and I don’t want to be known as “the late one” forever.
4. Spend more time with my friends. When I’m stressed, I turn into a legit hermit and hide in my room/our science center. This week, I realized I hadn’t seen one of my suitemates WHO LIVES ACROSS THE HALL for two and a half weeks (only one of which I was on break for). Ummm, that’s ridiculous. But, when I get busy, I convince myself the world is ending, leave my room at 6AM, and then don’t come back until 9PM.
5. Be more decisive. I mainly mean this in a sense of what I’m going to do at the gym, but ideally decisiveness will spread to my life. Why? Because I’m the most indecisive person ever. It takes me 30 min to decide when to eat lunch. Problem.
So there ya go! This is what I’ll be working on this month. Some things will be a real challenge (not eating out of containers..), while I think others will be completely easy as long as I plan ahead (being on time and spending time with friends).
Even though I didn’t do Friday Faves, it’s still FASHION FRIDAY! This is actually my outfit from yesterday, because I forgot to take a picture today. BUT, I like this outfit better anyways.
And, I leave you with an interesting fact. I almost fell off the treadmill this morning while sprinting. I tripped over my own feet. Treadmills are dangerous things, guys. BEWARE.
Wait, I lied. I actually leave you with my first attempt at not eating out of a container. Instead of nomming on PB, I made myself a fudge-topped rice cake for my dessert. Yes, a bit of a pathetic dessert, but I have food allergies and making this was easier than baking. And it was deeeelish.
Are you working on any bad habits that you have? Have you ever tripped yourself while running?
See you tomorrowish!