I’m sick. UGH. Yesterday, I woke up with a horribly swollen left tonsil (yes, just the left one – wtf?), which made me incapable of doing some of my favourite things. I will list them for you, because I have nothing better to do now.
1. Swallow food and water. For most of the day yesterday, I forced myself to eat oranges and made a really weird face as I swallowed them painfully.
2. Go to rugby practice. We had our run day yesterday, and it hurt for me to breathe. That means no running for this runner. Rahhh.
3. Do anything but sleep and read (nonacademic-related). Yes, being sick DOES make you unable to do your homework. Homework isn’t my fav thing, but it does need to get done.. Unfortunately..
4. Go out with my team for dinner. RAHHH again. They went out to a pub, but I pathetically sat in our suite and forced myself to eat oatmeal.
5. Move. I literally was in bed nearly ALL DAY. Talk about unfortunate.
Good news? I’m feeling somewhat better! My left tonsil is still swollen and it’s relatively painful to swallow, but not as bad as yesterday. Instead of thinking I may die, I think I may eventually recover. I think I may take the rugby day off (still undecided), but being slightly sick means the following..
1. My room is covered in clothes and I am doing laundry.
2. I will lift today, because I love to lift when I’m sick. (No cardio. Probably.)
3. I may actually tackle some homework/work.
4. I will FORCE MYSELF to go out to team dinner, even if I have to take a two hour nap beforehand.
5. I will eat delicious things. Woo!
I do know that I left you hanging about snack of the day two days in a row.. So I’ll make up for it now.
On Thursday, my snack of the day was kinda a meal, ish. I was in a very snacky, grazey mood so.. Yeah. Anyways, I had a greek yogurt mixed with chocolate mint silk soymilk (seasonal flavours for the win!!) with rice chex. NOMNOM.
YESTERDAY, my snack of the day was actually my meal of the day.. Ugh. I had delicious chocolate chia sweet potato oats, inspired by Angela at Oh She Glows. I changed the recipe a fair amount, but it was really good. Aaaand, here it is!
Chocolate Chia Sweet Potato Oats
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
3/4 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup quaker oats
1 cup water
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. Mix together water, greek yogurt, oats, and chia seeds in a pan and cook for 5-8 minutes.
2. Add sweet potato and mix thoroughly. Let cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add cocoa powder and mix until there are no clumps.
4. Transfer to bowl and add chocolate chips on top.
5. Nom excessively. Seriously.